College trends come and go but some are so vile they leave scars that can last a lifetime. Recently, rumors began spreading on the Facebook pages of various Southern universities that a new thrill was rearing its fearsome head on campus. This was confirmed by mentions buried deep within police bulletins and secretive postings on Craigslist.org. An internet investigation into the dark underworld of youth culture revealed the broad outlines of this ghastly new obsession.
This report may be upsetting to some readers and, unfortunately, it will also be graphic. But the truth needs to be told so that parents can protect their children at a time in their lives when common sense and Christ are so easily cast aside for a quick joyride on the highway of lust.
This is all bad news but I’m going to start with the worst of it: “Glory holing” is a homosexual game. It involves two or more young men engaging in an erotic encounter. All those who participate may not be aware that the actions they are pursuing are gay in nature, but the result is unquestionably homosexual.
Glory holing takes place in campus bathrooms. Because of the peculiar types of young men escalating this fad, these actions occur exclusively in library lavatories deep within the bowels of a building. They’ll be located in places where normal students rarely tread, such as the floors dedicated to almanacs, anthropology or foreign literature.
Libraries attract a specific kind of student and that may be part of the problem. These boys tend to be less popular and less athletic. They’re not the ones involved in healthy social interactions with members of the opposite sex. They’re not working on positive heterosexual friendships with their dorm mates. Nor are they the important members of collegiate fraternal organizations.
Instead, these “library boys” are the types who sulk around with a chip on their shoulders. They’re the troubled teens and early twenty-somethings who never learned to grow up. They dye their hair or let it grow long. They love video games and art history and German philosophers. Maybe they join a campus protest every once in a while and put their names on a socialist party mailing list. Some are flamboyant and suck lollipops as a secret gay signal. Others are bearded and can be menacing with their verbal commands.
HOW THE GAME IS PLAYED:
• The Arena: In an obscure corner of the university library, there will be a men’s lavatory that reeks of human fluids. It will have two to eight stall toilets against the wall. Some of the overhead lights may have been disabled. It’s murky and ominous. A sink or urinal will be damaged so that there is a steady murmur of running water to muffle the gasps and moans.
• Opening Play: A young man will enter a stall. At groin level, there will be a hole chopped to the next space over. There will be lips gesturing from that eerie hollow, gesturing for the boy’s organ. The boy will be confused and weak, maybe even tormented by his insecurities towards the opposite sex. He is labeled the “new recruit.”
• A Catch: Those strange lips belong to a homosexual. If and when the student breaks down, he is unknowingly passing unto the other side. He may believe that since only his phallus traverses the hole, that the rest of his body remains steadfastly heterosexual, but this is mere semantics. For the gay, this is considered a “score.”
• The Pass: The brief encounter will give the student a sense of belonging that he has been incapable of finding elsewhere. Thus, he will return again and again, believing the activity legitimizes his flamboyant and sarcastic personality. Eventually, he will cross the moral barrier and will find himself gesturing his own lollipop-glossed lips for the next innocent patron of that murky library stall. At this point, he’s what is known as a “team player” for homosexuality.
• Extra Innings: The more advanced level of deviant will break open larger holes so that actual acts of sodomy may be performed between stalls. This may seem impossible to imagine, but it is shockingly true. The penetration that occurs often involves ethnic students due to their endowments and the result is deep and painful. Men at this level are given sports-themed titles such as “pitcher,” “batter” or “switch hitter.”
• The Playoffs: As this activity becomes more common, the glory hole environment takes on the air of a private sporting event, a homosexual version of “Fight Club” if you will. The drama and excitement is spread by word of mouth and more boys are lured into the action. Some come simply to spectate, others to try their hand at the game. Over time, it becomes even darker and more crowded, with its own style of thumping motivational music. Star players are treated like heroes while new recruits must work extra hard to have their skills recognized.
• Post-Season: In a worst case scenario, otherwise healthy and normal students can chance upon this world. It seems so strange and thrilling all at once that even a fraternity brother or star football player can mistakenly engage himself. He might not even grasp that it’s actually a male and not a female on the other side of that barrier. Once intrigued and then peer-pressured and finally addicted to male-on-male eroticism, many young men are permanently damaged from the glory holing game. And when the day comes for them to graduate from campus, they will bring their sinful habits with them into the real world.
While we may never know why this fad has become so popular so quickly, it’s safe to say that it likely originated in northern schools with lax attitudes towards perversity. Unfortunately, today it’s spreading to many prestigious Southern and even Christian institutions. There is also evidence to suggest that Barack Hussein Obama’s open embrace of the gay agenda helped launch the whole “glory holing scene” on college campuses.
Like every youth trend that has come before, this one is both foolish and dangerous. Young men need to understand that it doesn’t make them one of the “in” kids. It genuinely harms their relationships to faith, family and community. Worse still, it may also chain a youngster to the homosexual lifestyle. And that’s a brutal prison sentence like no other.